Editing the NCCS companion creation guide. Adding the correct logo, and figured I'd fix some misspellings while trying to decide whether to expand the content somewhat.
Since Word has a spell checker, and Notepad doesn't, I opened the htm files in Word. Did a quick spell-check, fix, et cetera.
Save the files, close; open back up in Notepad to copy my CSS template for use in a new page, and see that Word has helpfully doubled the size of each file. There are now dozens of new tags. Metas for author and revision number and date of edit; sixteen different fonts declared... Hell, there was even one listing compatibility.
...And that was about where I closed the program and restored copies from the archive.
Ya over-engineered piece of office managerial shit! I just wanted the spelling errors fixed! I didn't need my html "improved" with two hundred lines of useless garbage.
Man, I've gotta get a proper html editor, again...