You know, I've got to learn not to just agree to shit out of hand.
NeilUK02 asked me to look over his companions, tell him what I think, etc. Of course, I said yes.
Got everything running this morning... and two hours later I had three pages of notes written on problems with the two companions.
I'm going to do a bit more empirical testing before I turn in my results, but there have been some lessons learned already:
1) The 'bigger breasts' rework of Exnem's body texture still looks like absolute shit. Makes the NPCs perpetually look like they haven't had a shower in a month.
2) Exnem-ized bodies and textures do NOT like being put in Type 3 clothing. Makes the skin look like butterscotch pudding with a chocolate swirl.
3) Earache42 apparently didn't transfer the racial changes in Ling's over to the Pretty Things .esp. (Presumably) Inadvertent, uncleaned changes to Caucasian race in companion plugin = LPT no longer displays correctly. Took me a minute to figure out what in the holy hell had messed up Moira like that...
4) Not separating the custom join dialog in my companions pack from the default container quest seems to have been a less than ideal idea, in retrospect. Conflict, ho! One of these days I have to start being less lazy. Then again... who knew the damned system would actually catch on someday?
5) 'Pure Rage' armor in Ling's is bugged. Put a companion in it, and she froze in mid-animation, and held that fucked up position no matter what I did. Removed armor, returned to normal on the spot. I guess with that many custom outfits, something was bound to slip through eventually. This, of course, being one of my companions who can normally wear Type 3 clothing without incident.
6) Somehow, Brooke and/or Bernie seem to be interfering with my custom combat styles. I've played with my load order a bit and it helped, but I need to test further.
7) Truly, there is no rest for the wicked.